The ALS Association Georgia ChapterSupport Group MeetingDedicated to Defeating Lou Gehrig’s Disease!
The ALS Support Group Meeting is an essential tool in helping patients and their caregivers, families and friends live with ALS. These meetings provide opportunities for individuals to share their personal experiences and to learn more about strategies for preserving the independence and quality of life of ALS patients and their loved ones. Participants learn they are neither alone nor without help or hope. Meetings are free and open to all patients and concerned others.
What can you expect?
- Sharing what it is like to live with ALS and the challenges to keep functioning at the highest level possible
- Facilitators who have genuine concern for others
- A safe place to express oneself in confidentiality
- A place to learn more about the disease and to find hope
- Guest speakers, community members, current research, and books
- Individuals who share experiences as participants in clinical trials
- Learning to cope with the tremendous amount of stress put on families and relationships
- People who are concerned about what is happening in each other lives
Please contact our Care Services team if you have any questions:
404-636-9909 or email@example.com for meeting locations in:
ALS 101 Augusta Columbus Fayetteville Macon Marietta Tucker Watkinsville
ALS 101 Informational Meeting
Newly diagnosed ALS patients
The ALS 101 Informational Meeting is targeted for ALS patients who have been diagnosed in the last 6 months or who are in the early stages of ALS. The meeting is held every third Wednesday of each month at the ALS Associations office from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm.
ALS 101 Meeting is RSVP ONLY
To RSVP, please contact our Care Services team at 404.636.9909 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Beginning April 2018, The ALS Virtual Support Group will be Under Construction. The overwhelming response from participants since August 2017 has been great. In an attempt to grow and increase the impact, we will be rebuilding in order to make the experience more user friendly and interactive. Please take this time to reach out to the Care Services Team with any requests for future presenters or information. We look forward to seeing you in June 2018!