The ALS Association Georgia ChapterSupport Group MeetingDedicated to Defeating Lou Gehrig’s Disease!
The ALS Support Group Meeting is an essential tool in helping patients and their caregivers, families and friends live with ALS. These meetings provide opportunities for individuals to share their personal experiences and to learn more about strategies for preserving the independence and quality of life of ALS patients and their loved ones. Participants learn they are neither alone nor without help or hope. Meetings are free and open to all patients and concerned others.
What can you expect?
- Sharing what it is like to live with ALS and the challenges to keep functioning at the highest level possible
- Facilitators who have genuine concern for others
- A safe place to express oneself in confidentiality
- A place to learn more about the disease and to find hope
- Guest speakers, community members, current research, and books
- Individuals who share experiences as participants in clinical trials
- Learning to cope with the tremendous amount of stress put on families and relationships
- People who are concerned about what is happening in each other lives
Please contact our Care Services team if you have any questions:
888-636-9940 or 404-636-9909 or firstname.lastname@example.org for meeting locations in:
Augusta Columbus Fayetteville Macon Marietta Savannah Tucker Watkinsville
Click here to register
July 15th's Topic: Summertime Adventure Despite COVID-19
We will be focusing on the subject of how to travel in a safe capacity and the numerous resources available to do so through our association and private companies as well.
Our speakers will be: Tracye Hall R&R Mobility Van and Lift Inc. and Anita Flowers ALSAGA