The ALS Association Georgia ChapterSupport Group MeetingDedicated to Defeating Lou Gehrig’s Disease!
The ALS Support Group Meeting is an essential tool in helping patients and their caregivers, families and friends live with ALS. These meetings provide opportunities for individuals to share their personal experiences and to learn more about strategies for preserving the independence and quality of life of ALS patients and their loved ones. Participants learn they are neither alone nor without help or hope. Meetings are free and open to all patients and concerned others.
What can you expect?
- Sharing what it is like to live with ALS and the challenges to keep functioning at the highest level possible
- Facilitators who have genuine concern for others
- A safe place to express oneself in confidentiality
- A place to learn more about the disease and to find hope
- Guest speakers, community members, current research, and books
- Individuals who share experiences as participants in clinical trials
- Learning to cope with the tremendous amount of stress put on families and relationships
- People who are concerned about what is happening in each other lives
Please contact our Care Services team if you have any questions:
888-636-9940 or 404-636-9909 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Monthly Educational Webinar - 3rd Wednesday of each month
Date: Wednesday – January 18, 2023
Presenter: Courtney Robinson – HisGrip Homecare
Topic: COORDINATING PROPER CARE WITH ALS
Summary of webinar: Evaluating what is required to have adequate and needed care for anyone with ALS.
The Bridge, Beyond the ALS Experience: Loss, Life & Legacy